Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Introduction

This blog actually started almost 9 months ago. My sister mentioned that she wanted to learn how to cook Indian food. Being the kind awesome brother that I am I figured, I can learn how to cook Indian food and create in Indian cookbook that is aimed at creating flavorful, traditional Indian food which is laid out and explained for the American laymen home cook. The original recipes ended up being a cookbook I made her for Christmas.

Most likely you know how to cook and enjoy doing it if you are looking at this site. Think of this as a primer on Indian cooking. I had many pitfalls and learning opportunities in the making of these recipes. I sourced original recipes on line, in books, from friends, and blended them together through repetition to make a master recipe.

I try to focus heavily on a few unique techniques which are not common amongst western European/American cooking. This more then anything else is the key to making flavorful Indian food.

One of the most important steps to making good Indian food is to find a good indian specialty store in your area. You are going to need them. Most cities have them, little hidden gems filled with exotic spices and ingredients you are not going to be able to find anywhere else. Get to know your grocer, they are going to be invaluable to your progress. Stock up on spices. Explore some new flavors, try new ingredients, ask questions about ingredients you've never heard of or seen before.

I'll try to keep this blog updating every Wednesday. Please enjoy and

-NOM!


1 comment:

t said...

Love the cookbook Max! Can't wait to hear more on the blog. ;)